In partnership with SMART Recovery Australia, Corrective Services NSW and Vietnamese Drug and Alcohol Professionals Inc, DAMEC has produced a Vietnamese-language translation of the SMART Recovery manual.
SMART Recovery is a self-help program that assists people in recovering from alcohol, drug use and other addictive behaviours.
The program covers four key areas:
- Building and maintaining motivation
- Coping with urges
- Lifestyle balance
SMART Recovery draws on cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and is based on the principles of:
- Self Management: People can manage their own behaviours
- Mutual Aid: People learn best from each other
- Choice: People choose their own goals, skills and tools
Two versions of the translated resource are available for download:
1. Full version of the manual, including a list of further resources for information and support.
2. An abridged manual, which can be used to reinforce key points of the program.
More information about SMART Recovery and SMART Recovery group meetings are available from: www.smartrecoveryaustralia.com.au
Funding for the project was provided by the Network of Alcohol and Other Drug Agencies (NADA) under the Practice Enhancement Program (PEP).